Our K-12 online courses are an easy and affordable way to expand your academic offerings or help struggling students stay on track. Students just need a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, high speed Internet access and the desire to succeed.
Affordable, Flexible and Standards-Aligned
- PA certified K-12 teachers
- Aligned with PA Core Standards
- Semester, full-year and credit recovery courses
- Core classes and large selection of high school electives
- Customized to meet individual needs
- Students can enroll any time
- $250 – $500 per course
- Academic Options to Meet Your Needs – And the Needs of Your Students
- Our teachers meet all requirements and bring hours of online educational experience to every student.
- 250+ core courses and electives, with new courses offered every year
- PSSA prep
- SAT prep
- Keystone prep in Algebra, Literature and Biology
- AP courses
- Guided credit recovery
Laurel highlands cyber academy
The Laurel Highlands Cyber Academy (LHCA) is a new venture of The Learning Lamp. Piloted in 2014-15 in partnership with Forest Hills Area School District, LHCA is a true blended learning environment that allows students to complete core coursework in the privacy and comfort of home, while still participating in the types of in- and out-of-school activities he or she enjoys.
- LHCA is for grades K-9 and is school district-endorsed, which allows students to earn school district credit towards a high school diploma.
- Instructors are PA-certified teachers with years of experience in an online-learning environment.
- A drop-in site allows students to obtain in-person help.
As with traditional face-to-face classes, attendance is required and students must maintain a steady stream of assignment submissions. Bi-weekly progress reports are sent to administrators, parents and students via email, with follow-up by phone for students who are consistently not performing to expectations. LHCA is seeking additional school district partners for the 2017-18 school year. For more information, call Emily at 814-262-0732 extension 230 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affordable Tools to Launch Your Own Online School
We also work with In-Shore Technologies to give districts the tools they need to launch their own cyber program.
- Curriculum, instruction, technology and help desk services
- Asynchronous and synchronous instruction
- Extensive course options
- Special education accommodations at no extra cost
- In-person orientation or one-to-one help for your students
- Allows your students to graduate with a diploma from your district
- More affordable than cyber charters – less than $5,000 for a first-year student
School districts and students must be registered to ensure that online credits will be accepted and counted toward graduation. To request a registration form, please contact Rachel at 814-262-0732 x234 or 1-855-301-LAMP (5267).