The SAT is not only an important part of the college application process, students’ SAT scores will now be a part of each district’s School Performance Profile, a new rating system used by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to assess the quality of public schools.
Preparing for the SAT helps students approach the test with confidence and better test-taking skills. The Learning Lamp’s program is focused on the specific needs of the student and includes:
- Test-taking strategies and techniques, including analyzing difficult vocabulary, scanning passages for content, applying mathematical logic and reviewing important concepts in higher level math
- Concepts and types of questions that appear on the SAT
- Individualized attention in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, reading or writing
- Practice tests and curriculum based on College Board materials, the makers of the SAT test
- One-to-one or online instruction to meet student needs
Tuition: $27 per one-hour session for one-to-one instruction with scholarship assistance for free/reduced lunch students. Discount packages are also available.
www.collegeboard.com, including a list of test locations and times.
For SAT prep course schedules, dates, registration or for more information, please call Emily at 814-262-0732 x230 or 1-855-301-LAMP (5267).